Pages

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Two Takes

:: A baby on the changing table, loving the floating birds.
::I heard her tiptoeing towards the room, and when I walked in and found her whispering loving words, she looked at me and smiled the sweetest smile.

::With Clara, my sleepy weekend companion.
::I looked up and realized that Ben, taking the picture while holding Dorothy, was about to lose his grip on the baby.  Don't worry, he caught her.
::A double burping job, performed by an absolute pro.
::"You should see my back!  It's covered in spit-up!"  And so here it is.
::There really is no point in making a single recipe of anything around here anymore.  A double recipe either gets eaten, shared with friends, or frozen for future use.  Isn't it a fun challenge to remake one meal into something new?
::We have been really into cornbread, baked in double (or triple) batches, of course.
::Dorothy
::Clara

I think they look entirely different, don't you?  
::I didn't take a single. picture. at. the. baptism.  Eek, I'm so bad about that sort of thing.  But I couldn't help capturing my cuties on our way back home (bowties worn by the gentlemen of their own volition!)
::I love their sweet faces squinting into the bright light.

8 comments:

Rosie said...

I think they look so different in those pictures, too! Dorothy looks a lot like Hugo in the top picture, and Clara looks like Zosia to me :)

Unknown said...

Beautiful family!! I'm so happy to hear about how everything is going through your blog! I have surgery next week, but would love to come see you guys later in March after recovery.

Oregon-Mama said...

Oh those precious babies! Adele - that top photo is AMAZING! The light, the subject, the artistry. So, you're super intelligent, super beautiful, super dinner maker, super baby haver, super mom, and also a super photographer! These photos take me back to the early triplet days for sure! Xo

Melissa H-K said...

Oh, Adele! You look *exactly* as you did in high school, only better! Ben looks older but happier and better, too. You two rock! And of course so do the kids. :-)

Adele said...

Rosie, I agree (especially in these pictures)! Ben still gets them confused though, so I think that the differences aren't as pronounced in the day to day. :-)

Adele said...

Thanks, Karen! Can't wait to see you guys, and let us know how we can help.

Adele said...

Thank you, Oregon-Mama! I was just thinking the same thing about the instagram picture of your daughter riding her bike-- just beautiful. For me, I'm afraid, it's just luck of the draw! And count me impressed with YOU for raising triplets with such grace! :-)

Adele said...

Thanks, Melissa!