Pages

Sunday, May 27, 2012

A Red Dress

 
 
 
 

Thank you, mom, for the red dress!  It fits just perfectly.  My mom is an expert garage sale shopper, and every so often comes home with something that is an instant favorite.  I definitely learned my thrifting skills from her over the years.  I love the frilly cap sleeves, the pleats, and the vintage cut.  Definitely a keeper.  And I didn't even realize it was Pentecost Sunday (and you get extra points for wearing red on Pentecost Sunday, don't you know?)!

There's part of my Sunday entourage.  Hugo, who uses my hair as reins and is my special church buddy, Lily with her fabulous sunglasses, and Zosia who is just plain old cute.  And Ben, who was so busy getting everyone out the door on time that I didn't even have a chance to snap his picture.  But he definitely wins points for cutest of all.


We rode into church on the coattails of Rolling Thunder!  All those bikers look so tough, but they're sweet as can be.  There were tons of families and kids that had gathered on all of the bridges we drove under, and those bikers waved at each and every one.  I love it: it's enough to make a woman tear up.

Happy Memorial Day, everyone!

1 comment:

Irene said...

All of you are just so cute! What a great dress!