Pages

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

A Happy Day

 
 
 

May is quite the celebratory month around here: Mother's day, our anniversary, and one short day later, my birthday!  Today I was thoroughly surprised with a typewriter from none other than my two girls (of course choreographed by there very sweet daddy).  We were all very excited to put it to use.  I have actually been dreaming about one of these for some time now (although owning one makes me feel a bit like this guy or this guy, or a little like the staff of Deuce Hotel).  It is wonderful to hear a little "click click click" as I go about doing my chores, knowing the girls are practicing their writing.  Too cute.

There's a little "love pile up."  Warning: if you lie down around our house, Hugo will do one of these full body hugs on you.  What can I say?  He's a lover.

And if you squint at that last picture, you can see an assortment of whiskey that I bought for Ben for our anniversary (a typewriter?  whiskey?  What is this, Mad Men?).  I am definitely not a big drinker, but I did my best, and hopefully found some interesting things for him to sip on over the coming year.  You know, sometimes a man needs something manly like whiskey.

I am counting down the hours until we enjoy a chocolate frozen custard cake tonight.  Seven and counting.

I think 29 is going to be a good year... I just have a feeling.

No comments: