Pages

Monday, December 19, 2011

This and That


We made a little gingerbread house. From a simple kit from the store, but the girls ran straight to it in the morning to take turns looking at it. We also have some little gingerbread men we've been handing out as a special treat to spare that little house. So far, so good.



On Saturday morning Zosia and I snuck out, just the two of us, for a little special date: the Nutcracker at the Puppet Theater at Glen Echo. For those of you in the DC area, this little puppet theater is an absolute gem. The show was cute, and I loved holding Zosia's hand and having her sit in my lap. Four is big, but also little. I didn't take my camera, but we came home to two happy little ones spending some wonderful time with their Omi. Today we were in the car listening to classical music and Zosia recognized the nutcracker music before I did: perhaps we have a budding musician on our hands?





And then we realized that we somehow had several dozen apples in the fridge. The solution? Some yummy pear-applesauce that has just about been finished off as of today. Who says that applesauce cannot count as a vegetable dish at the dinner table?

No comments: