Pages

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Another New Beginning


I've shared our tradition of taking a picture on the first day of a new job. I can't say that when I posted about Ben's new job a month ago I ever imagined that I would be in front of the camera just a few short weeks later. But, the holy spirit works in unexpected ways, to say the least. As I was talking with the pastor and religious education director at our church, I couldn't help but feel that I was exactly where I was supposed to be. And as the chapel minister at our parish, I will be working among some incredible people, with a congregation that we have been in love with for some time now, working with children and families. And, it's quite part-time, which means that preaching the gospel to my faith community will not interfere with my ability to live it with my own wee ones (I won't even have to find childcare, a huge blessing). Here's to another new beginning!

(For the legalistic, I will confess this photo wasn't actually taken on the first day of my job... with two babies in tow to a friend's house, a daddy who picked them up on his lunch break, there simply wasn't time for the ceremonial photo. So a shot the day after on my way out to play with the kids will have to do.:-)

7 comments:

Melissa said...

Congratulations, Adele!!

~Melissa (who was introduced to your beautiful blog and world via our mutual friend, Michelle N.)

Creativechaos said...

Oh I like that idea. I'll have to start it next year. I can't believe on the 10th it will be my last first day of school, ever! Yikes!

Amanda

Unknown said...

AWESOME! Holy spirit led childcare free jobs are the best.

Congrats for you!

Adele said...

Thank you, Melissa! Yes, Michelle has told me all about your maternity texting service-- what an amazing project.

Adele said...

Amanda, congratulations! I can't wait to take our toddler's first first day of school picture in just a few weeks. I think a final year of school definitely merits a picture. :-)

Adele said...

Thank you, Mary! Yes, I know you understand the blessing of such a job.

Margo said...

Congrats! Gives me hope as my husband and I juggle our family and search for jobs.