We have been busy celebrating summer's bounty around here. Every now and then we'll catch a cool wind that reminds me that autumn is right around the corner. And while I must admit that autumn is my favorite season, I still find myself grasping at the last few weeks of summer, trying the live them as fully as possible.
Some ways we've been celebrating the bounty:
- Weekly meals centered around Ben's homemade pesto.
- Darting out to pick tomatoes from the garden before every meal.
- Dressing all three girls of the house in summer dresses.
- Playing at the pool with friends.
- Iced coffee and tea.
- Allowing the children to get inappropriately wet wherever we go.
- Setting up a picnic blanket and making a makeshift "home" on our summer adventures.
- Popsicles (frozen mango juice is our favorite!).
- Spending hot days in our shady home organizing every corner of the house.
- Feeling entirely comfortable leaving the house barefoot.