Pages

Sunday, June 6, 2010

June 6: In Search of Summer

Oh yes, now I remember it: long summer afternoons spent with family and friends, food grilling, children playing, adults chatting. I remember it from my own childhood, and now I am acquainted with it on the other end of things: losing track of my children for hours at a time but knowing full well they are safely playing with friends and cousins and aunts and grandparents; bringing a change of clothes because inevitably there will be a sprinkler or mud or cupcakes to smear on one's face; children and parents sleeping oh so deeply out of sheer physical exhaustion. The past two weeks we have lived out of our home, hopping from one get-together to the next, landing softly among friends and good food. It has been wonderfully exhilarating. Summer is truly here.

2 comments:

Christian - Modobject@Home said...

I love that can of Off in the first photo... a summer essential! Your photos capture the essence of happy summer days. Lovely.

Adele said...

I know, where would we be without off? ;-)