Pages

Friday, June 4, 2010

June 4: In Search of Summer

Strawberries are coming in! We have limited garden space this year, and an ever-bearing strawberry variety, which means that we have strawberries all summer long, but in smaller quantities. Which has created a bit of a challenge. This is what it has come to in my family: you must "call dibs" on a strawberry if you hope to eat it. I have sat back and let the smaller (and larger) members of the family have the first few, but when I saw this beauty, I knew it was meant for me. It became "mama's strawberry," which I reminded everyone whenever we checked on it.

And oh, it was delicious! Much sweeter than any strawberry from the grocery store and perfectly ripe. But, to show that I am a kind person at heart, you can see the other family members had some treats to enjoy too.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yum! A week of berries!

sara said...

That seals the deal--we will definitely be planting strawberries next year! They look delish!

Anna said...

A little bit of heaven!

Jennifer said...

These look great! Our strawberries are done and I'm already wishing for more. Enjoy your harvest!!

Hullabaloo Homestead said...

Our strawberry plants are in their fifth year, so are not producing a very high vield. My kids usually eat them all, which is fine, but none for mom or dad. Unless one occassionally brings us one for a treat.

:)Lisa

Suz. said...

Excellent!!!