Pages

Thursday, March 25, 2010

A Year's Difference

Oh, the difference a year can make. I was looking through old photos, and here's one of me this week last year. I remember the waddle, carrying one baby awkwardly around the bump that another created, and that old table. A lot changes in a year, doesn't it?


And a self portrait from a year later...


And how could I forget my little sunshine, that baby that was taking up my entire abdomen? How did life happen without her?


Whew, it is crazy and amazing what time brings. I'm feeling stilled and awe-struck by it all. Just one year! What a magnificent journey.

8 comments:

Margo said...

How sweet to look back. I love your today's green shirt with the yellow daffodils close by. Maybe you should carry a yellow posy!

Ren- Lady Of The Arts said...

lovely post- make me smile.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Margo about the green shirt...can't wait to find out where you got it. I remember that belly because we moved about a year and three weeks ago. Crazy how this past year has flown by.

More than Survival said...

you were BEAUTIFUL then and now!!! I think that a women in full bloom of life is the most beautiful of all!!!!! :)

Ginny said...

you look great before and after!

Christian - Modobject@Home said...

Fun post! These days I look like you did last year and I'm having fun dreaming about what life will look like next year (and all the time in between)!

Adele said...

You all are too sweet! Thank you for the compliments on the shirt... you know me, it's a thrift purchase, of course. Christian, isn't it amazing to be right on the cusp of something so amazing? I can't wait to see your pictures and hear your stories in a year!

sara said...

How lovely you are, both pregnant and today!