Pages

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

March 17: In Search of Spring


It's happening as inevitably as those beautiful bulbs popping up out of the earth: I am getting some springtime cleaning energy. I've been trying to harness it to tackle the projects that most need tackling-- larger organizational/cleaning projects that I usually find too overwhelming to do on a day-to-day basis. So far this has meant organizing my dresser, cleaning out the fridge (here's the fridge, cleaned out, before our Saturday grocery run... and you can actually tell that we need to go grocery shopping, which is a good thing.) and really cleaning out the bathroom. Still on my hopeful to-do list are organizing the basement and setting items away for our neighborhood yard sale, rotating out the children's winter clothes/ clothes that are too small, and organizing the linen closet. If we can take care of that, I'll pat myself on the back and call it a spring.

Any organizational tips/projects out there? Any and all are welcome!

8 comments:

Sherri said...

I am tackling Spring cleaning too! Actually I just need to DECLUTTER my entire house. So I'm taking it in baby steps. So far, I've reorganized all kitchen cabinets; my dresser and clothing hutch. I have a donate stack for the Goodwill and a trash bag when I begin. I still have the linen closet and both closets in my bedroom. I have learned to make a master 'to do' list but also to give myself a break if I don't get it all done as fast as I would like. That way I'm not TOO overwhelmed by the list. Gotta make time for fun too! LOL

Unknown said...

I am doing the same thing. My fridge/freezer has never been cleaner!

Irene said...

The house does look really good! Nice job!!

Ren- Lady Of The Arts said...

I am pretty jealous of your fridge. Very European looking.

Adele said...

Ha! I love that our pitifully empty fridge could be called "European looking"...what a nice reframing. Glad to see that the spring cleaning bug has spread elsewhere, too. Sherri, great idea about having a master to-do list: I feel like those always make me feel more accomplished (just seeing it in paper, you know?).

Christian - Modobject@Home said...

Since I'm basically locally-bound these days we're using spring break to clean and organize like you wouldn't believe. My refrigerator is spotless, the house is mostly tidy, and my husband has even rolled on fresh coats of paint in some of the rooms... all in the name of preparing for baby! If we don't do it now it won't get done!

P.S. I'm loving the picnic blanket that you made. Beautiful, beautiful job! Thanks for posting the link to the tutorial, I'm tucking this idea away for future projects.

Justine said...

Would unpacking four large suitcases from our 3-week trip count? That will take me awhile as it's quite the project.

Kerry said...

I'm on board with the rotating of the kid clothes and getting rid of too small stuff, cleaning the bathrooms, and some basement work. I lots of other stuff I need to get to soon too. Yesterday I worked a bit on our screened porch. Your fridge is gorgeous!