Pages

Monday, December 28, 2009

Birthday Boy


I tried to find a picture of just Ben for this birthday post, but couldn't. Which is fitting, because Ben really does live his life devoted to us lucky members of his family-- it would be rare to catch him without a child in hand, a wife under his arm, or a dog at the end of a leash. And all this with such joy and humor.

We went out for pizza on Saturday night, and spontaneously, in the middle of dinner, Zosia looked across the table at Ben and said, with adoration, "I love you, Daddy. I have the funniest daddy. I love it when you tell stories." It has been the greatest of gifts to watch our two little girls fall as deeply in love with him as I have been for all of these years.

And with that I'm off to the grocery store to buy some supplies for his one humble birthday wish: some meat lasagna.

Happy Birthday, Papa Bear!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Happy Birthday to Big Ben!!! You are one lucky lady with one special family!

Lauren Oliver said...

Aw! I hope you enjoyed the lasagna! Ben certainly deserves it!