Pages

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Sickness Margarita


We've been under the weather around here. Zosia started out with a case of the sniffles, it moved onto Ben, who experienced it as an all-out cold, and Lily and I have been the last victims of the germs. In the first days of the sickness, when it was Z and Ben, I started making some strong Lemonade to give them a dose of Vitamin C. Then, as the lemons ran out, I started making Lemon-Limeade with similar hopes. Ben apparently loves the stuff, and dubbed it a "sickness margarita." I often have straight lemon juice with honey when I'm sick and find that if I take it right before bed, it scares my sore throat away. Ben had a similar experience with this stuff, which, while tasty, is a pretty potent mix.

Juice of 1 lemon plus juice of 3 limes (yields approximately 1 cup juice)
1.5 cups cold water
1/2 cup sugar or honey, or mix of both

Mix together, refrigerate, and enjoy. If you absolutely have to (or want to share with a loved one who is not sick), you can dilute it with a little extra water, which makes it less medicinal and more tasty. I suppose you could also add a little tequila and ice.

No comments: