Pages

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Rise and Shine


I've been majorly struggling with mornings around here. Part of it has to do with the fact that I've been waiting to get up until Lily gets up, which means that first thing in the morning I am bombarded with the care of two small children. Generally, I try to get everyone ready for our first activity of the day before Lily goes down for her first nap (which these days, is just about an hour or two after she gets up) so she can just fall asleep in whatever travel device we're using (making my life easier). But that means that I just have that hour or two to give everyone breakfast, dress everyone, take a shower, get dressed, prepare supplies for our outing, and get out the door. Which may sound like enough time, but really is not. So generally I have been running around totally unprepared, scrambling to get everyone together, and getting totally stressed out.

I'm not much of a morning person-- although I would love to be. I'm especially not a morning person when I feel like I'm not getting as much sleep as I want. These days, Lily is right on the verge of giving me enough sleep to feel rested. But not quite. So this morning when I dragged my butt out of bed early (because Ben had jetted off to work earlier than usual, and Z woke up a bit early), I was dreading the morning. But, it's been awesome. I currently have gotten ready for the day, had breakfast, dressed Zosia, started some laundry, unloaded dishes, loaded the dishwasher, and still have time to blog (and drank a lot of coffee). And Lily's not even up yet!

So maybe I'm going to turn over a new leaf and become a morning person? Hopefully?

Note: For the record, this post originally said that I posted at 5:15 AM, but I was definitely not up at 5:15 AM... more like 8:00, but that's still good.

No comments: