Pages

Monday, October 14, 2013

A New Week



Why hello there!  It's been a little while.  This past week is a blur of sickness and weakness and just plain old yuckiness.  It's one of those weeks I would gladly erase from our memory, but instead I will say a few things for which I am incredibly thankful.  My children were healthy.  Ben took heroic care of me, coming home from work to check in on me just about every day.  My children were absolute angels, playing with each other kindly, preparing snacks and activities.  It brings tears to my eyes to think of how good they are, these kids.  And the twins are just fine, as confirmed by a trip to the midwife on Friday.  So, all in all, we are now doing well and even in the midst of a gross bug, plenty of wonderful things were happening.

Ben took the kids to the fire station on Saturday for their annual open house.  Of course all of the kids loved it, but especially Hugo, who seems convinced that he is actually a fire fighter.  I mean, he wears the hat and everything, so that counts for something, right?

Zosia and Lily spearheaded a few Halloween decorations I've been meaning to put together for a few years.  Between a spider web and some bats on the wall, I would say we are pretty festive.  And we had all of the stuff lying around the house, so they were free!

And here we are at the beginning of a new week.  Family members and friends have been pitching in to give me a little time to recover, and I'm finally feeling a little more like myself (oh, I was saying that last week, so knock on wood).  The rain has cleared, the windows are open, and it's a beautiful fall day.  This is going to be a good week, I just know it.

No comments: