Pages

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

An Evening Shower


I have been so quiet over here!  The thing is, whenever there are actually things going on, I become distracted by them and forget all about taking pictures and writing down stories.  When things are slow and quiet, I have all the time in the world for documenting and remembering.  But just when they get exciting it's all over!  My sister Irene is staying with us for a little while as she prepares for the birth of her baby (and before her husband joins her from Haiti), so we have been simply enjoying her company and doing things together and  having fun.  I promise to take more pictures.

The other day, one of those strange evening showers moved through.  It was sunny, but raining at the same time, with a rainbow off in the distance.  Zosia and Ben were the only two still awake, so they just stared and stared, enjoying the magnificent beauty that you can sometimes find in such an ordinary moment.  I love it when something beautiful just catches you by surprise like that.


(my sister and mom at the airport.  Just a few weeks until these little guys have a new cousin!)

No comments: