Pages

Friday, March 1, 2013

Our Creative Endeavors


We have all been eager to find creative outlets these past few days.  The girls would be quite happy to spend every waking moment at the table drawing, painting, writing, or playing with play dough.  They just don't ever get tired of it.  

The top picture is one Lily made yesterday:  it is of me and Hugo on our wedding day.  I actually didn't even bother to explain to her why this might not work out, because really, I firmly believe that if Hugo could commission artwork, this is exactly what he would want to see.  It is going to break his heart to learn this is not possible.

The second picture is one Zosia made yesterday.  It is of a group of pirates who are throwing rocks at a group of cows.  On the top is written "We haf to sav the caws naw!"  and on the bottom right is Zosia herself, who is yelling "I can do it!"  Do you see what I mean when I say that Zosia draws "beautiful, complex, and at times utterly surreal things."  This one falls into the surreal category.

For me, creativity has come in the form of cooking and baking: as anyone who is responsible for preparing several meals for a family every day knows, preparing food is something you can just do, or something you can enjoy.  It has been good for my spirit to be creative in the kitchen.  Yesterday, I made some biscuits and honey butter to accompany dinner, because they are delicious, they are Ben's favorite, and making him happy is something of which I never tire.  Maybe I'll write up the recipe later this week.

2 comments:

Meg Hunter-Kilmer said...

"I firmly believe that if Hugo could commission artwork, this is exactly what he would want to see. It is going to break his heart to learn this is not possible." -It's so true! And such a gift.

Adele said...

It's true! We laugh about it, but I do love it.