Pages

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Anatomy of a Snow Day

 Just upon waking, all of the children realize that it has snowed, which we have dreamed of for so long.  Enough snow for a 2 hour delay.  It takes about 5 minutes for everyone to be dressed and out in the snow.  And by everyone, I mean everyone but me, who stayed inside to enjoy a cup of coffee in solitude.  I love Zosia's dreamy look.  So pretty.
The children come back in after about 30 minutes with chilly hands and big smiles.
I am obsessed with those red cheeks.  Adorable.
 I was a wimp and didn't really go out. 
Ben gets a fire going for us before he leaves for work.  It has been chilly chilly chilly in these parts.
Hugo takes advantage of the opportunity to help/climb/hug Ben.
That is a pretty amazing fire, Ben.  Nice work.
And I like the hat.
 Zosia goes into school late, and the little ones and I spend the morning enjoying the fire. 
  I love the hands in this picture.  It's as if to say, "What's the big deal?  I'm simply enjoying a fire in the nude."
Lily entertains us all with a puppet show.  She's sort of an entertainer, this one. 
Will you look at the genuine look of concern on her face?  Apparently this horse has just eaten one of the other puppets, which is very sad. 
And Hugo is still finding ways to be funny.

Are you enjoying the snow day?  I think we'll get out for some more snow play this afternoon, but I've been loving a cozy day at home.

No comments: