Pages

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Yarn Along


I've been loving the tiny tea leaves! I just started this week, and it's just such a simple and pleasant pattern to follow. Since this picture, I've finished the body and now just need to find some properly sized needles for the arms. In the meantime, I'm trying to decide whether to dye some more yarn for Lily or find something else in my stash that will work.

And in the reading department, I've been doing lots of reading to the girls, who seem thrilled to curl up with me on the couch and read books all together, which is new and very exciting! This week we're in a "Tikki Tikki Tembo" phase, which, I must admit, is quite the catchy book.

What are you knitting or reading? And be sure to check out the yarn along for inspiration!

And for those of you who have asked or wondered, we did feel that earthquake yesterday, but as with most people in the area are just fine. The girls were playing outside and I grabbed a napping Hugo and ran outside too. Ben walked home from work to check in on us, and we were (read: I was) a little shaken in quite the literal sense, but just fine. I think Irene relished the opportunity to call me from Haiti to ask how we were doing after the earthquake. I suppose she was happy to be safe and sound in Haiti this time. :-)

3 comments:

Jen said...

Glad to hear that you're OK.

We felt the rumbling up here in Connecticut, too.

Oh, and I vote for more yarn dying.

karen said...

Love your tiny tea leaves, I am making the adult version and it a delight to knit.

Lauren Oliver said...

Glad to hear you're alright. My mind definitely went to you and all my east coast friends when I heard the news! What a week- stay safe when Irene hits, too!