Pages

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Last Days of Summer

Why, is that a lemonade stand? How convenient! I'm so thirsty. Wait. Is that a little tuft of curly hair I see over the counter?

Yes it is! Hello there! How much is the lemonade? Twenty dollars, you say? I'm afraid that's a bit too much. No, two cents, you say? I think that might be too little.

And I see you have a business partner? Wonderful. Invisible lemonade is absolutely my favorite.

How are you spending these last days of summer? Over here we've been planning for and dreaming about a lemonade stand: and as of this morning, we even have some lemons for juicing. Perhaps I'll be back here with an update in the next few days of our fabulous business venture, but for now there is a lemonade stand in the living room. And no lemonade.

3 comments:

Kerry said...

Too sweet! I always try to stop at lemonade stands. I'm a sucker for cute kids and business ventures! In fact, I have an organic Tom Jalepeno pepper started from seed by a very eco-conscious young neighbor growing in my garden right now. I had to draw the line once though at $1 for a washed rock. I can get all the washed rocks I want from my own kids in our own back yard! ;)

Confessions of a PTO Mom said...

I hope you take that outside and get some good business! I always stop for lemonade stands (or hot chocolate, or tea... ...) What is 50 cents when compared to the joy I see in the children's eyes? And I always give extra.

Adele said...

Okay, I'm glad I have at least two customers! :-) We have been toying with the idea of taking it outside, and I think we might. We live right up the street from a bike path, and I'm realizing we could actually make some real money! Alternately, Zosia's latest idea involves handing out money so each person can pay her for the lemonade. I'll let you know how it goes.