Pages

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Yarn Along


I just finished up Zosia's Christmas vest last night: a simple repeat of a vest I have made for both girls before, this time with no cable both for ease of knitting and reversibility (for that toddler of mine who loves dressing herself). Now I just need to block it, which, for some reason, always seems to take me forever. Lily's still fits from last year, so I'm deciding whether to make her another or do something else.

And other than that, there has been a whole lot of Advent around here. Ben and I have yet to get into the full swing of things with our favorite book for spiritual preparation, but have been delighting in the rich children's literature that's out there.

And did I mention St. Nicholas? That sweet old man came by and filled our shoes... albeit a day late.

Oh, and pop on over to Ginny's page for more yarn along!

11 comments:

Melissa said...

Hi Adele!

Xoelle is a blog-lady that I follow and she/her family remind me so much of you/yours. This is a great post that she just shared recently, that I thought you might enjoy: http://goo.gl/9IqTt

Happy Holidays,
Melissa (friend with Michelle N.)

Adele said...

Melissa, thanks for passing that along! What a cute blog... I'm so glad you pointed me that way.

Sarah Jane said...

Ooo...I love Henri Nouwen, but don't have this one. Thanks for sharing. And beautiful vest. I've yet to make that one.

Adele said...

I recommend both the book and the vest (the book is based on little snippets of Nouwen's writing, paired with verses from the Bible. The combination is absolutely beautiful!) ;-)

Kathryn said...

THe vest is just beautiful, and I really think I have that yarn, so pretty!

Sarah said...

Oh, I really want to knit that vest! It is so cute!!

amanda {the habit of being} said...

love that sweet little pink vest! and the wooden clog too! need to find some of those for our st. nicholas celebration next year!

Julie said...

I just love that sweet petal pink! It looks so soft.

Rosina {Rosy ~ Posy} said...

What a sweet little vest :) I've seen quite a few mamas making ones like this and i think I'm going to have to try one to! *grin*. Enjoy the rest of your week :)

S/V Mari Hal-O-Jen said...

Generally the good old saint manages to hit every other country in the world before he finds his way to the Florida Keys and our place too. ;)

Adele said...

Rosina, I highly recommend it! It was my first "serious" knitting project and it really is so manageable (and vests are so handy!).