Pages

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Christmas Photo, Christmas Dresses

Phew, that was a long time coming! Why is it so hard to take a picture of the whole family together? I am quite happy to check off the "make family Christmas card" box on my to-do list.

And Lily's naps have been quite full of sewing this past week: the other day, I made each girl a Christmas dress, with Zosia helping me by pressing the "gray button" which turns the machine on. Nothing fancy, just a simple dress based on an existing dress that each girl had. And Lily got a fancy collar because I just couldn't quite get the original collar right. Perhaps I'll make Zosia a white sash so they're more matchy-matchy. They look a bit like a certain cartoon mouse, don't you think?


I hope your Advent is drawing your whole family inward!

7 comments:

Ren- Lady Of The Arts said...

Very cute photo- the girls look lovely in their dresses.

Sarah Jane said...

Oh, I am always impressed by seamstresses! Those dresses are adorable- as are the girls!

Vicki said...

I love your picture and the dresses are divine. I'm so glad I stopped what I'm doing and stopped by! You cheered my day.

Adele said...

Whew, Sarah Jane, "seamstress" is unfortunately not a title I can claim! More like "aspiring seamstress". ;-)

KnitterMama said...

Aspiring seamstress over here too! Those dresses look great and your family is so cute. Zosia seems to look like you!

kendra said...

fantastic photo - i don't know if you could ask for a better with two little ones! and you look fab!

Adele said...

KnitterMama, yes, the general view is that Zosia takes after me, Lily after Ben. I suppose this next one will be the tiebreaker. ;-)