Pages

Monday, June 14, 2010

This Saturday: the people

What's so amazing to me about each time that we get together with our families is the sheer quantity of love that exists in that gathering.

There's grandma love (one of the world's most powerful loves, I have learned)...

which can come from a grandma or those that are like a grandma:

Kissy-kissy love (discovered by our two year old at the pool yesterday, I'll have you know. Kissing a three year old named Angelo. Can you believe it?):

Daddy and Mommy love:

Aunt and Uncle love:

(that's my Aunt Basia, celebrating 60 tears of joy and life)

Sister love (my mom busting a gut laughing... a classic sight in our family):

Make that many generations of sister love (not even counting the budding love between Zosia and Lily):

And then the sheer love of life. That's Basia dancing...

to this (a gentleman who has played wine glasses in Alexandria since Ben and I were children):

And Zosia pretending to be a pirate. Pretty scary, don't you think?


Being surrounded by such love: what a joy.

5 comments:

Kerry said...

Such beauty in all of you! Your words and pictures do such a good job of letting the love shine through! Now, about that kissy-kissy love... watch out for that Angelo! ;)

sara said...

What an adorable family you have! You can just feel all the love in your photos... magical!

Johanna said...

what a beautiful family. I just love this post. It's true what others have said, you can really feel the love from everyone.

Suz. said...

wonderful mosaic of love!

Adele said...

Thank you all! I do count myself truly blessed to be surrounded by such love (and cuteness)