Pages

Sunday, April 11, 2010

A Few Small Joys

One incredibly resilient 1-year old, who took quite a bad spill this week (see the scab on the chin?), and has bounced back like a champ. I think us moms who were present shed more tears than sweet Lily, who has proven herself to be of my lineage after all, despite appearances. She's one tough cookie.

A new (to her) trike purchased at the thrift store for under 10 bucks. It's one of those triikes that has a little platform for a "passenger" on the back, which we have already made good use of, and Zosia *loves it*...

almost as much as she loves the cousins that are staying with us this weekend. Could there be any joy greater than spending time with older cousins? And Zosia hasn't wasted a minute, doing things like "instructing" her teen/pre-teen cousins about what breakfast is, roughhousing with them, and bossing them around. She's in love.

What are you up to this weekend?

5 comments:

Kerry said...

Oh, the first big fall, we've yet to hit that milestone. Terrifying and also a bit of a relief to get out of the way. Cousins... wish we had more of those. Henry has a couple of "big cousins" (actually 2nd or 3rd cousins or something like that) that he gets to see about once a year and talks about constantly. My brother is getting married next year and promises some real cousins will follow not too long after that. Henry will get to be one of the big cousins himself. I surely hope he will remember the kindnesses afforded to him by his big cousins! What a sweet, sweet picture of Zosia in that little hat. She could be a model with those gorgeous eyes!

Adele said...

Oh, thank you, Kerry! And yes, it is terrifying, but amazing to see how quickly the human body (and spirit) heals and recovers. I'm with you on lobbying for more cousins! We've got 8 on Ben's side, but I think both sides of our family could give us a few more! ;-)

Justine said...

It takes me a good long while to get over my daughter's accidents and falls. She will be on to the next adventure, laughing on her way there, and I would still be trembling from the mishap.

You're right, children are way more resilient than we give them credit for.

Adele said...

Yes, Justine, I agree! I think that above all, Lily has been *loving* the amount of babying I have been lavishing on her since the accident. I can't help myself!

Margo said...

oh yes, those beat up faces. We're actually putting Mederma on scars on Ben's cheeks from a sledding mishap in January.

And that is a cool tricycle! Great find.