Pages

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Dancing


I love to dance with the kids. In the best of times, that's what my life feels like: effortless, joyful, energetic. Punctuated with hilarity and stillness. Sometimes I close my eyes and smile, wishing I could just capture that instant for eternity.

Of course there are times when struggles meander into our days, making our life together feel like more of a march... rhytmic and directional. A march is so close to a dance, isn't it? Only without the freedom and joy, without the choice to pour our whole selves into the moment.

Lately, I've been choosing to dance. It makes everything more fun.

3 comments:

Christian - Modobject@Home said...

A very poignant post... to often I lean toward marching (and marching my children) when surely I should be choosing to dance (and dancing with those little guys). Thank you for this challenge, and I LOVE that photo -- put it in your kitchen where you'll see it often and be reminded to dance!

Vicki said...

I like the dance. I haven't had that sense in a while and am totally ready for it!. So inspiring.

Kerry said...

I love this! Lately, I've been playing. Really playing. Jumping off the playground equipment and going down the slide, riding Henry's scooter down the sidewalk... amazing what simple actions can do for the soul!