Pages

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Yellow Tulips

I always walk by the cut flowers without so much as taking a second look... I think I can count the number of times that I have purchased flowers on a single hand. Ben will bring some home from time to time, and I always love having them around: they're joyful, bright, fresh. So this morning when I walked by some bright yellow tulips, I decided that they would bring their worth plus more in joy around our house and I picked up two bundles: one to give away, one to keep in our home. I'm hoping that I can remember to pick some up (or just pick some while we're out and about in the warmer months) every month as a reminder of the bounty that we're surrounded with.

What are you doing to cultivate joy?

4 comments:

KnitterMama said...

What a nice question. Not much these days. I need to do more of it. Tomorrow I am going to spend some time outside with my kids. We all need it.

Elvira said...

Exactly the same ...
Last Saturday I bought 15 bright yellow tulips (as for as I can see, identical to yours) and there still well... shining! They bring a smile on my face every time I look at them (and that's a lot!)

Anonymous said...

I am cleaning. A good spring cleaning and some projects to surprise Jeff. I get a sense of joy when I accomplish things, as little as they may be. What beautiful tulips! Now I want to go and get some.

Adele said...

Time outside and a good spring cleaning both sound wonderful. And glad you're enjoying your tulips, too, Meyser-- 15, I'm jealous!