Pages

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

March 23: In Search of Spring



Today is the last day of our little searching for spring series. It's been fun! The first wave of spring is in full bloom here... those are the pansies in the window box outside of Lily's room, which sprung right back after a brief winter hiatus. We were thrilled this weekend to hear a little tap tap tapping from the inside of our birdhouse (not this one, which is on our mantel, but the one Ben hung on one of the poplars in our backyard). We've been hoping and praying that a little bird family would find our home suitable, and it looks like some finches have decided to move in. I can't wait to head out on a slightly sunnier day (it's drizzling today) and take some pictures.

And, perhaps my favorite sign of spring, our children's clothing is muddy. So muddy, in fact, that each now has a designated drawer of "play clothes," differentiated from their "outing clothes," which, thank you very much, I would prefer to stay mud-free. I'm hoping that their play clothes get the most use of all (although, as Ben pointed out this weekend, our little rag tag bunch can start looking like we're from the Ozarks with our naked babies, muddy clothes and cut-off jeans. So be it, I don't mind).

Somehow Mary got it just right-- these two weeks really did usher in a new season, thank the Lord. Here's to spring!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

cutoffs and naked babies. I love it!

Thanks for joining!

Sherri said...

Cutoffs and mud just go together! Happy Spring!

Heather said...

Oh I so love the muddy times of year. The fun of mud pies, and mud fights, and just fun everything. Enjoy

Ren- Lady Of The Arts said...

I am a huge fan of 'play clothes' and I agree they should get the most use!
We call them 'comfy clothes'.

Anonymous said...

Is it bad that all of our clothes are "play clothes"? I am starting to think I need to set aside so nicer stuff. Although half the time Will is jammy-clad.

Anonymous said...

Oh look at the flowers coming up in the window boxes. I love those window boxes. Can't wait to see you guys this weekend. I'll call you this week to confirm.

Adele said...

Annie, if I were any better at laundry (or if our machine were a bit better), I would make all clothes playclothes, too! But I think my kids are hard on clothes? You wouldn't guess it with two sweet little girls, but they are!