Pages

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Frugal Friday: Our No Spend Month Week Two Roundup

Alright guys, things are looking tight, but pretty good with our no spend month. Last week I gave you the update on the first week (well, actually first week and a half) of no spend month. Here's how we're doing this week.

As of last week, we had spent: $222.93
leaving: $127.07

Here's this week:

Groceries: $42.64
Gas: $20.00 (there's Ben again, getting gas in whole dollars)

Wow. Can that be it? Yes, I think that is it. And my thrifty husband even remembered a pasta bake that I had prepared during my birth preparation frenzy that was sitting in the back of the freezer, which means that we have one leftover dinner from this week going into next week.

And we have: $64.43 remaining for the next week and a half.

I feel like I'm coming to the realization that absolutely no discretionary spending is hard after the initial honeymoon period of a couple of weeks. Whew! It's hard not to splurge here and there (a cup of coffee out with friends, a treat for the toddler at the grocery store). But you know what? There hasn't been a single item that I have refrained from buying that I have later regretted not buying. It's all water under the bridge.

But, I must admit, I have a secret list of things I am looking forward to buying once this month is over. Is that cheating?

No comments: