Pages

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

No Spend Month

We're introducing our own no spend month-- an idea that I got from Small Notebook that is absolutely wonderful! Which is exciting, because it has been a long time since I have really cracked down on our spending habits. And, Ben and I are truly trying to live off of the bare minimum these days.

Here's the plan. All month, we are only going to spend $350.

Here's what's included in that budget (borrowed from Small Notebook)

* Groceries & eating out
* Gas
* Clothing
* Household items
* Entertainment

Not included:

* Rent, insurance, and bills
* Gifts

I'm excited to get started. My mom just did a Costco run for us (one of the many ways she regularly helps our family out), and so I'm curious to know what that totaled. And, there are many family get-togethers and celebrations in the works, so I'm going to have to do some creative entertaining. I'll get back to you tomorrow to let you know what we're starting the month with, why we're doing this, and some cost cutting ideas that are in the works. Ready, set, go!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was inspired by that post too. We are trying the same thing, although I am more inspired than Jeff. I am pretty excited to really see where our money goes.

Adele said...

I was just going to email you about it! Yes, I had read the simple notebook thing but it was you who got me excited about it, but tried to link back to your post and couldn't find it. Email it to me so I can post it here!