At this particular moment I feel pretty good about the state of the home when:
- I get myself and Zosia dressed before Lily wakes up
- I vacuum the living/dining room in the morning (so I don't feel guilty plopping Lily on our doghair covered floor)-- and this is a good one, because it forces me to pick up the masses of toys that have accumulated on the floor
- I unload/load and run the dishwasher in the morning
- I make our bed
- I make dinner before Ben gets home
- I clean up after dinner immediately after dinner/as I go
I have found that if I get the above things done, I'm generally done with home stuff when the kiddos go to bed and the house is in reasonable order. So on a day like yesterday, when I came back out into the living room after feeding Lily and putting her down, Ben had lit a few candles and it looked amazing. And I could just sit down and be present to him and feel decent about are humble abode. Ahh.
What are your bare minimums?