Pages

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

What's an Extrovert?

I think it may have happened. Our happy little family of introverted hobbits has finally found its match in an extroverted child. I honestly didn't think that Ben and my genes, when mixed together, could produce an extrovert. But, alas, here she is.

In many ways, Zosia was a challenging child. But, at the end of the day, I had/have no problem with her, because I really get her. Her tendencies are so similar to my own-- she doesn't like being around a lot of people, she recharges during independent playtime, she puts a lot of value on her inner-circle of friendships. When she starts crying because we're in a new overwhelming place, I get it. She is my child.

Lily, on the other hand, is easy-breezy. She's sweet, easy-going, happy go lucky. But so many of her tendencies are new to me. She loves seeing a new face, smiles and laughs when interacting with people, delights in every little social interaction. This is a social child. Dare I say an extrovert. Obviously, this little baby is just two months old... so much can change, and we'll continue to figure out who she is. But I'm bracing myself for a kid that pushes the boundaries of this family. Which, who knows? May be a good thing.

1 comment:

Lauren Oliver said...

Hehe- I hope she is an extrovert indeed- we're such a fun bunch!