Pages

Friday, March 6, 2009

Internet fast?

I thought you all would appreciate this article:

Catholics are urged to give up texting for Lent



By ARIEL DAVID
The Associated Press
Wednesday, March 4, 2009; 1:37 PM

ROME -- Roman Catholic bishops in Italy are urging the faithful to go on a high-tech fast for Lent, switching off modern appliances from cars to iPods and abstaining from surfing the Web or text messaging until Easter.

I know that I have periodically limited Internet usage and have generally been happy with the result. But to be totally honest, these days I feel like I'm able to use technology in meaningful ways without having it take over my life. I think it's a good idea if technology usage is something you struggle with... but not really necessary for everyone.

No comments: