Pages

Wednesday, February 8, 2017

A Few Stories


Hi there!  It's been a while since I've been over here in this space, long enough that I got a little teary eyed to click on "new post" and see the familiar interface, because a blog can really feel like a good friend.  It's been months, and while I keep up to date with the goings-on over on Instagram, which I seem to manage better in the couple of seconds I'm able to find here and there, I do miss this space, the ability to capture a few thoughts or feelings more thoroughly than in a caption.  So, while it would be futile to fill you in on everything that's going on, I'm going to start up with just a little of this and that, and hope that I can be a better friend to this blog in the coming months.

First stop, Josephine.  She is the apple of everyone's eye, remarkably good natured and she is always following the action.  In other words, she is the baby of the family, even though she just turned one. She loves to hang around with me in the kitchen, and has recently started "helping."  The other day, I was surprised to see that the dishwasher, which I had just loaded up with all of the dirty dishes, was completely empty.  When I opened a low cabinet,  I saw what I was looking for.  Josephine had carefully placed each dirty dish, cup, and utensil into the cabinet.  She looked up at me and smiled.  Yesterday, I opened a laundry hamper to find it full to the brim with plates and bowls.  And if you ask her about it, she gets a smile and a little glimmer in her eye, it's really the best.

Every day there is a new funny story that comes home from school with Hugo, and I have a feeling we're going to have a very entertaining childhood with this one.  There is the time that he intentionally ate his entire lunch for snack so that he could get the lunch ladies to give him the coveted "hot lunch" at school.  Or the time that he convinced all of his friends that they would be guaranteed entry to his birthday party (which is like, six months in the future) if they gave him a Pokemon card.  Or yesterday, when we heard from a friend's mom that they had laid plans to meet up at school at night time to share spooky stories.  

There's so much more: twins, and big girls, and household happenings, and creative endeavors.  But I have an art activity to plan and some passport paperwork to fill out (!), so I will sign off with just these few words and a warm greeting.  Happy February!

1 comment:

Lauren Oliver said...

I'm so glad you are back! I thought somehow there was a problem loading the updated page on my end when I tried for the first time in a while a couple weeks ago. Funny, we've also had roasted Brussels sprouts and bacon wrapped chicken for dinner the last couple weeks. =) Oh, and I came here hoping to find the book(s) you recommend about (attachment) parenting so I can start educating myself. If I don't find them, I'll let you know! Love all of you and miss you. Can't BELIEVE how all the kids are growing so big and tall! Please hug and kiss Lilly for me. She is becoming quite the adorable little lady! Maybe we can do that Skype chat that she requested soon.