Pages

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Snow Day



I woke up to Ben (holding a baby) and three kids making a great big snow day breakfast.  Eggs, sausage, delicious homemade biscuits, and of course honey and butter.  I got up (holding another baby) and realized that all of the weather reports truly delivered with at least 8 inches of snow!  Heavy, wet snow perfect for snowmen.  The kids and I spent the babies' morning nap outside shoveling, building a snowman, and a snowfort.  There is nothing quite as invigorating as shoveling snow! 

The snowman is currently resting, half assembled, in the front yard.  I only realized after making two great big snowman segments that I would have to find a way to get that big ball of snow on top of the first.  Hrmph.  Maybe Ben can help with this.  I'll keep you posted.

Our afternoon, on the other hand, has been spent taking a full family quiet time, reading all of the books about snow we could find, and drinking tea and eating popcorn.  It's all about balance, don't you think?

And of course, after Ben installed a generator to run our furnace, we did not lose power.  That's how these things work.  But don't get me wrong, I am not complaining.  A warm house is just the perfect thing on a day like today.

I hope you're enjoying the day, snow or not wherever you may be!

No comments: