Pages

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

A Few Questions Answered


Q: What do you do when your toddler starts feeding the dog a lollipop?
A: Take pictures, of course!  I mean, come on, that question is way too easy.  And yes, he did proceed to put it back in his own mouth.  I think it's safe to say Hugo is a free range kid (and I adore that look on Selma's face in the first picture.  Resignation?  Stoic indifference?  The lack of eye contact is the best.  She's thinking, "Oh brother, it's this kid again.  Maybe if I don't look at him he will go away?").


Q: What does it feel like to be Lily?
A: Thrilling, energizing, and very very funny all of the time.  She lives in her imagination and and has us laughing all of the time.  Today at lunch she asked me to pick out what I thought she would want, and upon bringing it in front of her at the table, she would very discreetly nod "yes" or "no" depending on whether it was the right food.  Not crackers, not a clementine, not an apple.  After many tries, it turned out that a banana was the right thing.  Sort of like twenty questions, but with Lily's favorite thing, food.


Q: What do you do when you have the house free of your two little siblings for a couple of hours?
A: Paint quietly at the table.  Because can you imagine what a mess would happen if all three of these went at those paints together?  Sweet Zosia could paint, color, and write all day long.  "I guess I'm going to write books when I grow up," she states nonchalantly.  Perfect.

No comments: