Pages

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

A Thrifted Infusion

Some of you may remember that Ben, ahem, I mean Santa, was quite good to our family last year and brought us a play kitchen. Quite some play kitchen for a woodworking novice, if you ask me! Oh, well I guess Santa has his elves to help him, right?

We have been through varying phases with this kitchen. The kids will play with it for a while, then forget about it. Isn't it that way with all toys? We occasionally use it as a piece of furniture. When I'm teaching a class, I put a monitor on top of it.

The other day while I was at the thrift store I picked up a few kitchen-y items: a new pitcher, a small pan, a ceramic bottle. I actually intended them for our real grown up kitchen. But when the girls claimed them as their own and played with that kitchen nonstop for several consecutive hours, I realized that they were meant for those little hands. And just like that, our little kitchen has a second life! I'm trying to take note so I can actually plan this sort of thing next time...

No comments: