Monday, October 17, 2011

We're Back from the Beach!

Don't you think it's just food for the soul to see the ocean once a year? I think I am hooked on fall at the beach: it's mild, peaceful, and such a lovely way to spend a few days. We definitely did this vacation right: we went somewhere not far from home, invited three grandparent figures (my parents and aunt: I think a 5 to 3 adult to child ratio is just about right), and planned something simple (camping is a great adventure, but if you're going for rest, a simple beach condo is the way to go). It was absolutely perfect! The girls adored the sand, we all got some wonderful rest, and Ben and I even got to go on some dates. Success all around.

Highlights included finding a baby horseshoe crab shell (not pictured), a real live baby crab (above), and flying a kite oh so high. Do you see our little tent? We brought it with hopes of providing a sleepy nook for the little ones, but a gust of wind swept it away and it was packed it up after just half a day. Even so, I just love that tent next to those big buildings. And there's my mom with the girls, and the beloved Basia with Hugo. I wish I had more pictures with my Dad: he must have been off for one of his exercise walks.

I'm off to finish lots of sandy laundry and try to organize my mind back to real life, but I just wanted to pop by here to say hi and share a bit of our adventures!

Has anyone else been to the beach lately?


Steve Finnell said...

you are invited to follow my blog

Lauren Oliver said...

No beach time for me, lately, but I was reminiscing about our trip to the beach together a few years back just a minute ago, so it's great to read your story! My life could use a beach break this fall!

Lauren Oliver said...

P.S. Your hair is SO LONG!!!

Adele said...

We actually weren't far at all from Chincoteague: I thought of our trip, too! I can hardly believe Zosia was just under a year.. how time flies.