Pages

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Yarn Along

Whew, it's been a while since I've been sharing a yarn along! But this week, a mix of having a doctor's appointment that I went to all by myself paired with some thrift store yarn I was itching to use (in green, my favorite boy color of the moment) resulted in a little pilot cap for Hugo this fall: and as a first, my gauge actually appears to be right on!

I'm excited because the pattern also comes in toddler, child, and adult sizes, so I see little pilot caps for all the littles in my family in our future (plus some little ones of friends!).

And reading has been sidelined for the time being in favor of recording-- something I feel like I do a lot of because of this space here, but in reality often skip. When my dear friend Rachel, the fourth of five children, reminded me that each child really deserves to have a well documented childhood, I immediately ordered "The First 1000 Days" books for each child in the family. Because I figure Ben and I will remember all those little details so much better now than in ten years, and even though we haven't been great about recording the details, we can start today. And I did. And this way ten years down the road we won't have any griping, because each little one will have exactly the same book filled with exactly the same amount of care (who am I kidding... I'm sure they will still notice little differences :-).

Oh, I so hope I have a charmed afternoon so I can browse through all the other Yarn Alongers!

8 comments:

Denise said...

Love that little pilot cap! We have two new babies in our family this summer, I think I might have to knit a couple caps for them before the fall weather arrives.

Ellen said...

My children wore lots of pilot caps but unfortunately, I wasn't so much into knitting then. Very cute.

Tonya Gunn said...

I want to check out that pilot cap pattern. Thank you for sharing.

Genevieve said...

Your pilot cap is so sweet! That pattern is one of my favorites to knit for baby gifts.

www.OhThePlacesWellRoll.com said...

adorable hat. i feel your pain about time for other things! my scrapbook journey stopped at my sons 6 month era photos...he is 7. yes. 7. lol

:)
jen

Anna said...

the pilot cap is adorable. And you are right about the color choice.

karen said...

The hat is cute and I love the color!!

One and Doll said...

I love love love it when I make your blog!