Pages

Friday, April 29, 2011

Nesting Perspective

I think it would be safe to say that these past few weeks have found me nesting. Ben comes home to a house that has been rearranged-- by a woman who is 8 months pregnant.

There has been getting ready for the baby. But then there has been a drastic reorganization of storage space, closets, play areas. And the miraculous thing is that through all of it, I have felt great: energetic, excited, accomplished.

And then there was this morning: running around town with two little girls trying to take care of everything and everyone, coming home (more like collapsing home), and realizing that the time has come to slow down. There is still time to do those odds and ends that need to get done. Things are still partially in that "it's going to look worse before it looks better" stage, but for now my top priorities are taking care of my family and keeping the household running. That's all.

There's a french expression that goes "petit a petit, l'oiseau fait son nid," which translates, "little by little, the bird builds its nest." I think I'm starting to understand the wisdom behind those words! Little by little, and everything in time will get done.

No comments: