Pages

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Eyeglasses, a Magazine, and a Diagnosis

Nearly two weeks into our current bout with illness, complete with ups, downs, and many, many times we thought "Okay, this is the end," we have learned that our family has strep throat. Apparently this strep throat is a sneaky thing: it can look like a cold, a stomach bug, the flu, or at times like all of these at the same time. Whew, nature can be a cruel thing.

But you don't here me complaining, because we now know what has been ailing us and have some extremely effective medicine to deal with it. Amen to that! I swear, I was convinced that we had every possible sickness on the globe at some point in the past two weeks, but here it is just pesky strep. In our family "Go away!" is a very serious command that we reserve basically for stink bugs (do you guys get these in your house too?). But here I am saying it, "Go away, strep!" There. That felt better.

In the mean time, I suppose because of all this yucky sickness stuff we've been dealing with, I seem to be receiving countless little gifts from the universe. This morning? Not only did I get a magazine in the mail, but Ben got his much awaited funky new glasses only to realize he had mistakenly ordered them in MY prescription. I hate to steal his "thing" and all, but these glasses a pretty great, no?

7 comments:

Kerry said...

The glasses are fab! Does that mean you get to keep them? Glad you are all feeling better! Henry has had the strep masked as something else (even croup once) a few times this year too. Strange stuff going around!

Adele said...

Yes, I get to keep them! I think Ben partly just feels sorry for me because I've been sick and pitiful, but I think these glasses are a pretty great consolation prize. :-)

Sarah Jane said...

Love them! Feel better!

Anna said...

Feel better soon!!

Adele said...

Thanks, Sarah Jane and Anna! We are definitely on the mend.

Anonymous said...

Too funny! Nice of him to let you keep them. :) Hope your clan is feeling better soon.

Lauren Oliver said...

I love them- meant for you!;)