Pages

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

new year's rhythm

We're back in the daily routine around here, and it feels like a breath of fresh air. I tell you, there's nothing quite like feeling like my children are cared for and happy, my house is in (relative) order, and my husband can come home to some peace and beauty. Perhaps I'll start sprinkling in some creative endeavors and I'll be set! Yes, I would say that January 4th feels like time to call the holiday season over and return back to a nice rhythm of normalcy.

Lily and I spent our first alone time in weeks cooking up a storm, her request, of course. I've been enjoying experimentation with my new kitchen gadget, the dutch oven (this recipe in the works, above. if anyone actually tries it, I recommend cranking up the oven to 400 and cooking uncovered for 15 minutes to brown the chicken up at the very end). Any favorite dutch oven recipes to share?

And did I mention that my body has been cooking up a storm itself, with a more and more prominent baby bump making itself evident? 16 weeks and showing, I would say this is a personal record. I am just a bit proud, if you can't tell (note to self: learn to take more steady pictures. note to reader: can you spy a little girl hand?).



Ben has been sharing his favorite music now that I have a pandora-playing setup in the kitchen, so here is a bit of the soundtrack of our home. And with that, dear friends, shall we toast to this new year?

8 comments:

Melissa said...

Felicidades on the growing baby bump, Adele! Had to post today because Mumford & Sons has been our soundtrack at home for some time now, too.
Very much appreciate the "Awake My Soul" video embed.

Have you ever had any problems with the handle on the dutch oven pot's lid, especially during extended stays in a very hot oven? Wondering if I need to buy the fancy non-plastic lid handle.

Adele said...

Such a lovely soundtrack! I actually received the oven as a gift, and one of the fancy handles was included. I suppose you could try with the regular one and upgrade if necessary?

One and Doll said...

Recipes---chana masala from www.orangette.blogspot.com we freaking love our dutch oven!

Anonymous said...

A toast you and that adorable baby bump. I was thinking of you today and wondering if you had a baby girl or boy in there? Either way you are looking lovely and I can't wait to come visit sometime soon. And yes, I can spy that little bitty hand poking out from behind the lampshade. I can also spy a very gorgeous mirror that someone special must have given to a very special family.

eKay said...

I have become a Mumford and Sons freak! Love their music. After the Storm is another really good song in that album.

Adele said...

Annie, I actually think all but one of the mirrors currently in our home once graced the walls of your lovely home. ;-) Emily, I'm not surprised: when I heard their music, I thought of you!

Sarah Jane said...

So many good things here. That baby bump is so darn cute. And we're big on Mumford and Sons here right now, too. Like their more chill songs over the rock ones. And I have dutch oven envy!

Ginny said...

We are really into Mumford/Sons right now too!