Pages

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Yarn Along


Oh my, what have I gotten myself into? Three unfinished projects at various stages of completion. And with all those projects, you would think that I have spent the last few days feverishly knitting? Nope. Not a stitch since Sunday. I've spent my time at the sewing machine instead. Oh brother, I've got some work to do.

There's the armless sweater that Lily has actually been wearing nevertheless (with its arm stitches on waste yarn). Perhaps we can start a new style?

The fingerless mitten that is currently partnerless and topless, too.

And the scarf that I started this weekend while at work (the kids came down mid-row and I promptly forgot which row I'm on, explaining why I'm stopped at such a precarious spot).

Well, I certainly have my work cut out for me these coming days. But somehow, all these unfinished projects feel perfectly appropriate, because aren't we right in the throes of Advent? Waiting for the most beautiful project of all to reach completion. I suppose I'm in good company.

Can't wait to see what all you other yarn-alongers are up to this week!

10 comments:

Sarah Jane said...

Cracks me up that she's wearing the sweater minus the arm!:)

Spinneretta said...

I had to laugh at your daughter wearing her one armed jumper LOL... I have had kids do that too. Or walk off with the toy half finished...
Your work looks lovely! Merry Christmas!!

Sarah said...

Your projects are pretty, even in the incomplete phase =) (And I love how you tied it into Advent and "waiting for the most beautiful project of all to reach completion"!)

We are reading Tomie dePaola this week, too!

Nadja said...

Love the classic raglan pattern, but it worked up small for me...I was doing a 2T for my baby (she's 17 months now) and the thing is tight on her! Shoot, I'm going for the 4T next time!

We did some hazelnut cookies, too...I grew up in Bavaria, so Christmas wouldn't be Christmas without some type of Hazelnut cookie!

And my paternal grandma's name was Adele. It's a pretty name, and not one often heard.

S/V Mari Hal-O-Jen said...

Funny - I just got back from Ben Franklin's buying - not yarn - but fabric! Back at the sewing machine for me too!
I think the scarf is so delicate and pretty...

karen said...

No worries! You will get your projects done eventually. I love your scarf, it looks so light and airy.

Merry Christmas!

KnitterMama said...

Oh this is the state that I am usually in at this point. I am in fact in the middle of two unfinished Christmas presents by my prospects for finishing them are a bit better than yours! Enjoy your knitting!

Erin @ Wild Whispers said...

Lovely! I stopped knitting lace scarves at this point in my life. I found myself too often in the place you find yourself in!

Blessings on the Christmas Season!

nunu said...

great knits AND blog - enjoying having a look around! thanks for stopping by mine. : )

Rosina {Rosy ~ Posy} said...

Oh goodness this makes me smile *grin*. It is SO nice to see that I'm not the only one with multiple unfinished projects on the go :) Love the little kitchen set that you made for your children to. So cute. We made a wooden fairy house for my daughter this christmas and it is so nice to have a lovely wooden gift instead of plastic :) Can't wait to see what you share next week! Merry Christmas :)