Pages

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Breakfast Date

Was it sabotage? She woke up at 6:27 am and startled me from a deep sleep.
"Ben, can you bring her into bed?" I manage.
I know she will no longer go to sleep in our bed. She'll nurse for a minute or two, then roll over and start babbling, laughing. Our bed has become a play bed for tickles, jumping, laughing. Those days of pulling her in and snuggling her back to sleep are gone... or at least on hiatus.
"Are you sure? She'll probably go back to sleep in her crib if you nurse her." I don't even have to think about it.
"No, you can bring her in." She nurses and then rolls over and starts laughing, babbling. I knew that's what she would do. But somewhere beneath my cloak of sleepiness, I think that's what I secretly want. I know we have the morning together, just the two of us: Ben leaving early for work, Zosia sleeping in. With the first baby, having special intimate time used to come naturally. But with the second, I've found it's something we have to carve out.
So us two ladies shared an early morning breakfast date, just the two of us. And I wouldn't change a thing about it.

Thanks to Annie for spreading the word on Big Huge Tab's mosaic maker... easy as promised.

2 comments:

sara said...

I so treasure mornings in bed with our girl as well. I really miss being able to snuggle her back to sleep so we can all catch another 30 minutes or so of napping together, but there is nothing like those morning giggles!

Unknown said...

Love your little dates. And the mosaic maker is awesome, isn't it!?