Pages

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook


Outside my window... countless azaleas. I had forgotten how beautiful the spring is in Virginia.

I am thinking... about getting the house tidy and clean.

I am thankful for... a husband that surprises me every day with his generosity.

From the learning rooms... Zosia has completed her first "learning project"-- making matching animal cards from cutouts from National Geographic.

From the kitchen... the sound of the dishwasher and some homemade banana/chocolate chip bread in the fridge.

I am wearing... a stone necklace that was a present from my parents.

I am creating... a home for my family.

I am going... for a walk with the whole family this afternoon.

I am reading... mainly magazines and the newspaper... need to find a good book.

I am hoping... that the next days with just me and the babies will go as smoothly as the first.

I am hearing... naptime silence (although Zosia sounds like she's still whining a bit).

Around the house... I had an hour to clean up this morning and feel much better. It's amazing how a totally cluttered house sometimes makes me feel cluttered.

One of my favorite things... is having my Aunt Basia come over to play with Zosia.

A few plans for the rest of the week: Doing another "learning project" with Zosia, having some more friends come by to see Lily, a very relaxed weekend with the family.

No comments: